About Me

My photo
Awrite! This is really just a blog for all my artwork to get put on really. Uni work and probably some side projects. My drawings now have a home! Beast :) joybrammer@hotmail.co.uk

Sunday 14 November 2010

Communication Thoughts



Sharing a flat with a german man, french man and french girl i had to find a way to communicate when they did not know the words for things and when we didn't understand each other. We used my old english jotter as a 'Doodle Book' drawing down things and writing explanations in.

I've photograped pages of the jotter that have helped to inspire me on this project.



Me and my flatmates were trying to figure out some maths. Using charts and functions.

I was teaching my flatmates some scottish words while they will be living here. Wee = Little = Small and Chebs = Boobs. Explaining things like this helped them to understand the words i was using and also improve their vocab. Communicating in this simple form made it so much easier for them to understand me.

Communication when the person is not there. Getting a message across so somebody else doesn't worry.

And even the things id find so simple i had to explain. Things like what shapes were, circle, square, triangle. So it wasn't always words we'd have to communicate with, shapes played a big part in it too. For example, not knowing a word and describing it by its shape - knowing what the shapes are called is a big help.

This jotter really has lived up to its name and its allocated function. The final page shows doodles and explanations from every person living in my flat. Its been a successful idea that has really inspired me with quite a few of my communication ideas.

I'm pleased :) .

No comments:

Post a Comment